Run the world’s largest half marathon and help beat blood cancer.
Join Team Blood Cancer UK at the Great North Run on Sunday 8th September 2024 and run to beat blood cancer. This iconic half marathon takes you from Newcastle City Centre, across the Tyne Bridge and finishes by the sea in the picturesque coastal town of South Shields - all shown on the BBC!
Celebrate your achievement with your fellow teammates at our post-race reception in the charity village and know that you've made a difference to all those affected by blood cancer.
Get your charity place today with Team Blood Cancer UK, or if you're lucky enough to have secured a spot in the ballot join our team with your own place.
Why run for Blood Cancer UK?
- Get your hands on a free high-spec running top.
- Receive a 16-week training plan, designed for all athletic levels.
- Receive training tips throughout your journey from a professional running coach.
- Hit your fundraising target easily with our top tips and fundraising ideas.
- Hear our dedicated cheer squad roar as you zoom past.
- Celebrate your achievement at the post-race reception once you cross the finish line.
- You'll be funding life saving blood cancer research.
Here's what previous runners had to say:
I would encourage anyone to pick a challenge and do what they can to support Blood Cancer UK. Hopefully your friends and family will surprise you too!
– Charlotte, who took part in the Great North Run 2022, running for her Dad who was diagnosed with myeloma in November 2021. She raised £1,980!
Knowing that you're running for a great cause is a huge motivator. You will be joining a team of incredible, inspiring people, who will offer encouragement all the way.
– David, Blood Cancer UK runner and Ambassador
Fundraising tips and tricks
Quick tips for successful fundraising