Run to beat blood cancer at the world's biggest half marathon
Take part in the biggest half marathon in the world and join 55,000 other runners on this renowned event.
Starting in the centre of Newcastle, the 13.1 mile route will take you over the Tyne Bridge and through Gateshead to the coastal town of South Shields. From here, you can enjoy the view of the sea and the crowds as you near the finish line.
How to run the Great North Run for Blood Cancer UK
Our charity places are now full. To join the reserve list please contact us on [email protected] and we will be in touch if a place becomes available.
The 2020 event (which is also the 40th year) will take place on 13 September 2020.
We ask all our runners to pay a £20 registration fee and raise £300 minimum sponsorship.
Why run for Blood Cancer UK?
- Get your hands on a free high-spec running top
- Full training plans for all ability levels
- Comprehensive fundraising support
- Full support from our cheer squads to get you across the finish line
- Access to a post-race reception for a chance to rest, enjoy some refreshments and relax
- Most importantly, you’ll be funding life saving research.
Fundraising tips and tricks
Quick ways to successful fundraising