How to promote your event
How to spread the word about your fundraising
Use social media to get the word out about your event.
When drafting posts, remember to:
- Keep in concise. Tell your followers about your event, when and where it is and what they need to do to attend
- Mention that you’re supporting Bloodwise and why it’s important to fund research.
- Link to any webpages or fundraising pages you have set up where people can view your event details, sign up or donate
- Include high-quality images or videos relevant to your event
- Schedule posts for a time when people are likely to be looking at their social media feed (e.g. on the way to work, during a lunch break, in the evening or on a weekend afternoon). If you can, schedule your fundraising push around payday, when people are morel ikely to be generous
Write a blog
Blogging is a great way to keep people up to date about how you’re doing. Each time you post a new blog you can share it on your social media channels, so people are reminded about what you’re doing, and given new incentives to donate.
Ideas for blog posts about your event include:
- If you’re preparing for a sporting challenge, post an entry about a particularly difficult training session you’ve been through, to show how hard you’re working!
- If you’re fundraising because of a personal connection with blood cancer, a blog post about your experience with the disease will help explain why people’s donations are important
- If you’re fundraising in support of a friend or family member, perhaps they might like to write a few words, post a message from them and all their friends and family will be encouraged to donate
- Tell people where their money is going. You can write a post to highlight how Bloodwise are making a difference to patients with the blood cancer that you’re most passionate about beating. We’ll happily provide you with some inspiring information.
- Once your challenge is done, don’t forget a post about how it went, include a link for people to donate and point out that ‘there’s still time to donate!’
Sign up now for your free fundraising packFree fundraising pack