Information for Executors
It is a great honour to be appointed as an Executor of a loved one’s estate and be entrusted with carrying out their final wishes. However, we understand that this can be a confusing process to navigate and so we hope the following information addresses some of the questions you may have where Blood Cancer UK has been generously remembered with a gift in your loved one’s Will.
Our Legacy team works remotely, so the quickest way to reach us in by email. Please send any queries you have to [email protected] and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Ways we can assist you:
- Help you identify if Blood Cancer UK is the intended recipient of your loved one’s gift
- Explain what documentation we might need to request from you due to your loved one leaving a gift to a charity
- Provide you with bank details to forward your loved one’s gift to us
- Send you a receipt for your records to acknowledge when your loved one’s gift has been received
As a UK registered charity, we are largely exempt from Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax. We can provide some guidance on this but formal legal advice will need to be sought from a qualified solicitor if this is required.
To help us to help you more quickly, please include as much of the following when you get in touch with us:
- Your loved one’s full name and chosen title (Mr, Mrs, Dr, etc.)
- Their address so that we may update our supporter records if necessary to prevent any future mailings being sent
- A copy of the Will
- Any information you might like to share as to why your loved one might have chosen to remember Blood Cancer UK with a gift in their Will
Where email is not possible or convenient for you, you can write to us at the following address: Blood Cancer UK, Suite 31 Bonnington Bond, 2 Anderson Place, Edinburgh, EH6 5NP.
Previous names and addresses
Leukaemia Research Fund – 43 Great Ormond Street, London, WC1N 3JJ
Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research – 39-40 Eagle Street, London, WC1R 4TH
Information about our name changes can be verified on the Charity Commission’s website and we can provide copies of our name change certificates if requested.
Our registered charity number in England and Wales is 216032 and SC037529 in Scotland.
For further information, please see our Guide for Executors below, or if you can’t find what you’re looking for please get in touch at [email protected] as we’d be happy to help.
Thinking about leaving a gift in your Will?
Find out how a gift in your Will could help us beat blood cancer within a generation.